The Newton School is a private, non-profit, general educational school for elementary and middle school students in Kindergarten through 8th grade.
Many of our students struggle in a traditional school environment. They may have difficulty sitting still for long periods, attending in a large group or finding productive things to do in less structured periods. They may have trouble making or keeping friends, can become anxious in new situations, or are sometimes easily overwhelmed. Our students can thrive in a nurturing, flexible environment where they are accepted as themselves and have the opportunity to grow and flourish.
To meet the needs of our students, The Newton School offers:
- small class sizes, usually 8 students per class,
- a 4:1 student/teacher ratio,
- a program that integrates movement into the curriculum, with a 8,000 square feet of gym space in the school to allow children to stay engaged in learning throughout the day (See a typical daily schedule here, see pictures of our facility here),
- a strong emphasis on the development of social development, through everyday interaction with a well-trained staff in structured programs, and
- daily communication with parents.
Read what parents are saying about The Newton School.
See what students at The Newton School are doing.