School starts at 8:30am and ends at 3:15pm. It is helpful to drop off on-time so all students start the day together. If you are going to be more than 15 minutes late for either drop-off or pick-up, please call or text at 703-407-7193 so the teachers and students know. If you are carpooling, it would be very helpful if you could share the carpool pick-up schedule with me so I know who is going home with whom.
The Newton School has a carpool system so that children can safely and efficiently be dropped off and pick-up each day. The following details this process:
- Parents should drive into the Loudoun Commerce Center from Nokes Boulevard and immediately turn right at the T.
- Parents should then turn at the first left (south) and go around to the rear of our building (# 45965). At the back of the building, turn right and turn right again at the corner.
- Parents should begin to form a line of cars in front of the building, parallel to the front doors. The spaces in front of the building are marked so that no vehicles may park in these spots.
- At 8:30am, a faculty member will open the doors and assist students into the school.
- At 3:15pm, a faculty member will walk your child from the lobby to your car. The adult picking up the child must be on the previously provided list of adults designated for pick-up, or the child will not be released.
If a parent choses to not participate in carpool, the parent may only park on the west side of the building in the designated parking spaces, and must walk their child to the front door on the sidewalks. The procedure is required so that the child only walks on the sidewalk and does not walk in the parking lot or street.
Every Student at The Newton School must wear a uniform. If your child does not come to school in the appropriate uniform they will be asked to change into uniform clothes at school (clothes may be borrowed for this purpose). Lands End is our provider and they provide a variety of items that adhere to our dress code. Children may wear tops (polo or t-shirts (long and short sleeve), sweatpants, chino pants, shorts, sweatshirts, hoodies, sleeveless vests, dresses, skirts, tights/leggings, etc. All items come in cobalt (and sometimes navy if cobalt is not available) and red. Children may wear any combination of colors. The Newton School logo on clothing is optional. We do ask that you mark all items with your child’s name on the tag.
Click here to place an order for uniforms.
Scroll down and look on the bottom left side. Click on the “Look up your School” link. You may look up The Newton School by city and state (Sterling, VA) or use our preferred provider code: 900138702. After you have looked up The Newton School, there is another link in this window: “Look up your school’s dress code”. Click on this to see all the approved items of clothing.
One thing to note: The logo is available on almost all items. The catalog of approved clothing only shows the blue logo as Lands End only has the ability to show one logo in this space but they will apply the correct one.